Happy Canada Day! IT’S OFFICIALLY SUMMER!!!! summer time has always been my favourite time of year… not sure if it’s because I’m a summer baby… or if growing up, I couldn’t wait for every summer to some…but something about the summer months.. there really is nothing better. The boys have officially been off school for 1 week now.. and we are barely surviving (hahaha)! No but seriously, it is some of the funnest times having them off for summer and home everyday, taking in every moment, but it is also the hardest. My boys are not easy, any-bit of quiet, calm and play-by-themselves type of boys. They are full on. 100% energy all the time. So that means we have to be full on 100% energy all day long with them. Some days are a challenge, but as soon as they go to sleep and I sneak into their room to look at them sleeping.. I know there’s nothing better. Does anybody else do that? Can’t wait for them to go to sleep… then as soon as they do, you go in and peak on them…. sleeping angels… until they wake up again
Now that it’s summer… it also means POPSICLE season!!! We love popsicles around here! And I try to have homemade popsicles in the freezer at all times. Popsicles are the perfect anytime snack.. especially if you are making them at home. These popsicles are creamy and delicious. Like a pina colada drink.. but frozen!!
We have been picking fresh raspberries from our garden, so we decided to sneak a few in to add brightness and a fresh flavour. They are the perfect red and white treat!
Pina Colada Popsicles
- 1/2 C Fresh Raspberries
- 1 1/2 C Fresh Pineapple Chunks
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Pick fresh raspberries and place raspberries in clean popsicle mold filling about 1/2 way full.
- Add fresh pineapple , banana, coconut milk and vanilla to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Carefully pour mixture into popsicle molds over the raspberries, being careful to leave a little bit of room at the top.
- Place popsicle sticks in and place in the freezer to set.
- Once the popsicles are completely frozen, Enjoy!