Energy balls happen to be one of my favourite go-to snacks that are just so handy. The round little balls are perfect for small hands and for POP-ing in your mouth while on the go! I love using oats in energy balls as they work well with so many different ingredients and are super filling. These energy balls are a great snack for post-workout, right before dinner when you are feeling hangry and go perfectly in kids lunches.
These balls are a peanut butter mouthful… which always go well with my boys, so as long as there’s peanut butter in them, I’m able to sneak in other healthy ingredients like chia and hemp seeds. I usually always end up doubling recipes around here, as 20 balls just doesn’t last long in this house.
The thing I love most about energy balls is that they are so easily adjustable! You can literally add whatever different ingredients you are feeling to make a delicious energy ball.
Easy Energy Balls
These simple energy balls are an excellent snack for on the go! The ingredients will help to fill your tummy if you are starving or just want a quick snack.
Makes: Approx. 20 balls
- 1 C Peanut Butter (or other nut butter that you like!)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/4 C Whole Oats
- 1/2 C Shredded Coconut
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 3 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips
- Add Oats, coconut, chia seeds and chocolate chips to a large mixing bowl and stir everything together.
- Place a saucepan on the stove and turn on to medium heat.
- Add the peanut butter, coconut oil and honey into the saucepan and stir together until all ingredients are melted together.
- Turn off the heat and add in the vanilla.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the dry oat ingredients and stir all together until there are no dry spots.
- Place bowl into the fridge and refrigerate for 20 minutes or more.
- Once the ingredients are chilled, roll into balls.
- Place into a container and refrigerate.
What are your favourite energy ball ingredients?