Springtime is definitely here and in full force. Spring seems to have come especially early, as the temperature is more like summer already, instead of May. I am especially happy because all the delicious vegetables are beginning to come back into season. Seeing all the fresh vibrant vegetables coming back to the markets and grocery stores is just another reminder of the sunny weather for months ahead! Every year I can’t wait for spring, just to eat all the fresh vegetables!!
In this household we especially LOVE cucumbers! I give the boys half a plate of fresh veggies every night for dinner, and they love their cucumbers. Whether dipped in hummus or eating plain, they are happy to munch away on them. The other night for dinner I was craving something fresh and simple. So I made this super simple cucumber salad, with herbs from my garden. Very easy to make, goes really good as a simple side to a dish, or to be eaten just by itself and a refreshing snack.
Simple Cucumber Salad
This simple cucumber salad is tart from the vinegar, but super refreshing and delicious!
- 2 English Cucumbers, peeled & diced
- 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Chives and Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Dill, fresh or dried
- Salt and Pepper
- Peel cucumbers. Slice them down the middle and into quarters. Chop into small bite size pieces and place into medium size bowl.
- Chop up the fresh herbs into fine pieces. Add to the bowl.
- Add vinegar, dill, and salt and pepper.
What do you love most about spring?