Whenever we have movie night, my boys automatically ask for “STICKY POPCORN!!!” This snack is unbelievably addictive. Try to just eat one bite. The best part about the recipe.. is how simple it is to make! I’m a sucker for quick recipes that deliver on taste and that you can’t stop eating!!
My mother happens to be a popcorn-making-professional.. Or at least she should be! She makes the perfect bowl of fluffy popcorn every time!! She has told me at lest 2167 times how she makes her popcorn.. but mine never ends up as fluffy, some still has hard kernels in the popped corn pieces, and I always end up burning the pieces on the bottom of the pan. I’m thinking with practice.. one day I will perfect my popcorn skills!
Every piece of this sticky popcorn is crunchy, sweet and salty. This recipe makes two cookie sheets. And I easily eat one full sheet to myself. That is how addictive it is, that you will not be able to stop eating it.
You can’t have movie night without popcorn! This sticky popcorn is the perfect movie night snack that is sweet and healthy!
- 1.5 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 C Popcorn Kernels
Caramel Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 C Coconut Oil
- 1 C Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Make popcorn: whichever way you choose. I do it the old school way; stove-top. Heat a large pot over high heat. Add the coconut oil and allow to melt and heat up. Add the popcorn and put a lid on top allowing the popcorn kernels to heat up and begin popping. When popping has stopped turn off heat and pour popcorn into a large bowl.
- Return the same pot to the stove and turn on heat to medium. Add the coconut oil to melt, then add the maple syrup and salt. Stirring it, bubbles will form and the sauce will begin to thicken. Stir continuously for about 3 minutes allowing the mixture to thicken up.
- Moving quickly, pour the sauce all over the popped popcorn (careful the sauce and pot will be very hot! so wear oven mitts) and with two wooden spoons toss the popcorn until all the pieces are covered in the sticky mixture.
- Pour onto 2 baking sheets and spread around until the entire sheet is covered in the popcorn.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, stirring half way through. Allow to fully cool.
WARNING: Extremely addictive!!!!
What are some of your favourite movie night snacks?