” FOOD is a way to share yourself with people”
If you have more than 2 kids… do your kids ever agree on anything?! Especially when it comes to eating. One LOVES something.. the other HATES it. One only eats certain foods a certain way, the other doesn’t. When given two choices to pick, one picks one… while the other one picks.. the other!! It could drive you mad.
I try to keep things simple. You get what you get and you don’t get upset! This doesn’t always work.. but I sure try! From the beginning of my boy’s life I started them on healthy, whole foods, so they are pretty used to it by now. As they have gotten older though, the pickiness has come through and they are quicker to tell me what they like and dislike.
Peanut butter is good anytime, anyway, anyhow. Lots of peanut butter and honey on toast. Peanut butter in cookies. Peanut butter in sauces. Peanut butter in oatmeal. Peanut butter everything. These peanut butter balls are the perfect one-bite snack that will leave you satisfied. The millet in the balls is toasted, making it crispy and crunchy. Every bite you take, the millet pops and crunches in your teeth.
Peanut Butter Balls with Millet
These peanut butter balls are a delicious peanut butter-y snack with a surprise of the super crunchy millet inside!
- 1 C Peanut Butter (crunchy is my favourite!)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil + 1 tsp
- 1/3 C Coconut Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Spelt Flour
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 C Millet
- Heat a skillet on medium heat, add 1 tsp of Coconut Oil to the pan and melt. Add the millet to the skillet, continuously stir, toasting the millet until it becomes fragrant and lightly browned. About 3-5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Put peanut butter, 1 Tbsp coconut oil, coconut sugar, flour, and vanilla into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Stir until all the ingredients are mixed together.
- Add in the millet, and stir until combined.
- Grab small pieces of the mixture and roll into small balls, then gently place on a plate or thin pan.
- Place in the freezer for about an hour to set.
What is one of your favourite recipes with Peanut Butter?