I was thinking.. I guess it’s about time to post a salad recipe. After all the baking recipes, I figured I need to balance it out with a good winter salad recipe. This salad in particular I have been eating all winter long. I try my best to eat fruits and vegetables that are in season. And the winter always seems to draaaag on forever… so switching up cabbage and kale is imperative. I luckily happen to be one of those people who can eat the same thing every. single. day. Then I might get sick of it. Change to something else. But then go back to that same thing. I’m not sure if that’s a creature of habit, my OCD or what.
And lets just talk about the dressing for a second. I got this recipe from a family friend a few years ago and have been making it religiously ever since. I put that SH*T on everything!! It is sooo good. Not only for this slaw, but on any salad recipe, goes great with falafels as a dipping sauce or in a wrap. The variety of seeds add the perfect crunch and the dried cranberries a nice tart bite to the salad.
Cabbage and Kale Slaw Salad
- 3 C Kale (shredded)
- 2 C Purple Cabbage (shredded)
- 1/3 C Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 C Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/3 C Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 C Hemp Seeds
- 1/3 C Vegan Caesar Dressing
Vegan Caesar Dressing Ingredients:
- 3 Tbsp Tahini
- 3 Tbsp Miso
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Zest and Juice of 1/2-1 Lemon
- 3 tsp Tamari sauce or Braggs
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 C Olive Oil
- 1/4 C Water
- Cut up the kale and cabbage in small shredded pieces.
- To make salad dressing; add all the ingredients into a blender or jar to use a hand-held blender. Blend until a thick consistency. Add more oil or water if needed.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss to combine.
If you make the salad dressing.. let me know what you think in the comments?!