One of the most humbling things about children is they are brutally honest. Read More »
Whenever we have movie night, my boys automatically ask for “STICKY POPCORN!!!” Read More »
” FOOD is a way to share yourself with people”
- Don’t have the time to paint your nails?! When I do take the time.. I do them in sections. First I do the base coat and one layer of polish. Let dry and continue on with my day. Then the next day when I can find time again, I do another layer of polish and the top coat. By breaking it up, I find that it’s less of a chance for me to mess them up! The best time of day, for me, is when I’m checking E-mails… talk about multi-tasking!!! I know I find it hard to sit and wait for the polish to dry when there are many other things that need to be done!
- Is your hair getting dry from this winter weather? I know the ends of my hair are screaming for moisture right now. Sadly I use heat on it at least 5 days a week.. which results in very dry ends! At least once a month (preferably once a week) I will soak the bottom half of my hair in Coconut Oil, leaving on overnight. Coconut Oil acts as a nourishing hair mask, putting moisture back into your dry hair.
- Lips dry and flaky from the cold air and being indoors? Use a lip scrub! You can make a simple scrub by mixing equal parts coconut oil and raw sugar together. Taking a small amount of the scrub, gently rub in small circles, exfoliating your lips. This scrub will remove dead skin leaving your lips soft and supple.
- As soon as you wake up in the morning, drink a glass of lemon water! This will rehydrate you after your nights sleep. Put either cold or warm water in a cup and squeeze half a lemon into the water. It’s such a refreshing way to start the day!
- Hair feeling like it needs a cleanse from too much build-up? Apple Cider Vinegar is amazing at giving your scalp a cleanse and getting rid of product build-up. Pour 1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar into a container before you get into the shower. Shampoo you hair, then rinse with vinegar focusing on getting the vinegar on your scalp. Be careful to avoid getting it into your eyes, as it will sting! (Also add some warm water to the vinegar before you begin to pour onto your head). Allow the vinegar to sit on your hair for 3-5 minutes, then rinse and follow with conditioner. It is such a nice hair cleanse, I do this every 2 weeks or whenever I am feeling like I need a good clean of my scalp.
Hope you enjoyed these simple, but effective beauty tricks.
What are some of your favourite tricks and tips that you do over and over again?
Happy Valentines Day! On Friday my son had a Valentines Day party in his class and it was suggested to bring in a healthy treat. I wanted to do something festive, healthy-ish, and a treat that my boys could help me with. Read More »
Let’s talk for a moment about food photography.Read More »
Granola is just one of those foods that is good for snacking on anytime during the day. There have been many-a-times that I will eat granola for dinner. Read More »
I was thinking.. I guess it’s about time to post a salad recipe. After all the baking recipes, I figured I need to balance it out with a good winter salad recipe. Read More »