Yay! to another cookie recipe. I think I would be satisfied in life if coming up with cookie recipes and making them was all I ever had to do. And the best part… I would have to taste test them all! Just to make sure they were good enough for you to make.
There are only a few handfuls of things in life that I really love, and peanut butter has got to be right there close to the top of that list. Every time I eat it, it puts me in a good mood. Like, you can’t ever be mad or grumpy eating peanut butter. It makes me want to sway (dance) and eat. Taking in every bit. Every creamy texture and crunch of every piece of peanut. Up until the last bite… of whatever peanutbutter-y goodness it is that you are eating, is enjoyed. Pure perfection.
That’s how I felt about these cookies. I wasn’t sure at first if this simple of a recipe would do a peanut butter cookie justice. So I made them. Baked them. Let them cool. And tasted one, and oh yes it brought me right to that perfect moment.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I have!
Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
This surprisingly simple cookie recipe is bursting with delicious peanut butter flavour.
Makes: 20-23 Cookies
- 1 3/4 Cups Spelt Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Put peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla and melted coconut oil into a medium bowl and stir until smooth.
- Add together flour and baking soda into a small bowl and stir.
- Add dry ingredients into wet and stir to combine ingredients.
- Once all the flour is stirred into wet ingredients, grab dough and roll into small-medium balls. Leave about a half-inch of space between each cookie.
- Place on pan and once you are finished, using a fork, press down on all the balls to flatten into a cookie and make an imprint on the top.
- Bake for 17 minutes. When done allow to cool on pan.
Note: Best eaten with a glass of almond milk.