Here is yet another delicious and super simple cookie recipe. These aren’t you average cookies.. which is why I kinda had a problem calling them cookies. There is no flour, no creamed butter and no cup of sugar added either. Instead these energy ball cookies are packed full of ingredients that are AMAZING for you and taste delicious. I had found, adjusted the recipe and have made it over and over again that I knew I had to share it. These cookies have been a hit with friends and family and are great for packing in school lunches or grabbing for a bite when you are on the go! I love to bake with oats. Unlike flour, oats give my baking a more a hearty product. Leaving you satisfied, instead of guilty about eating 3-4 …or 5-6 cookies. The chia seeds, pumpkin seeds and crushed almond pieces give these cookies great texture and crunch.
Super Healthy Energy Ball Cookies
These one-bite morsels of deliciousness are packed full of SUPER healthy ingredients that will leave you satisfied and wanting just one more.
Inspired from: Oh She Glows
Makes: approx 30 cookies
- 3/4 Cups Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole Oats (processed into oat flour)
- 3/4 Cups Whole Oats
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/3 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 Tbsp Sunflower Seeds
- 3 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1.5 Tbsp Ground Flax mixed with 3 Tbsp Warm Water
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter (or whatever nut butter will do)
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly oil 2 baking sheets with coconut oil.
- In a small cup stir together the ground flax seeds and warm water to create a ‘flax egg’ and set aside.
- Put almond flour, oat flour, whole oats and coconut sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Add shredded coconut, chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds all together into a food processor and process until chopped into small chunks, then pour into large mixing bowl.
- Put almonds into food processor and process until chopped into small pieces, add to large mixing bowl with other ingredients.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, add almond butter and coconut oil, stir until they are well mixed together (it helps to leave the almond butter out on counter for a while to soften, this will make it much easier to stir). Then add in the flax egg, maple syrup and vanilla and stir to fully combined together.
- Then add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until everything is mixed together.
- Take a pea size amount of coconut oil and rub together in your hands to melt (this helps so mixture doesn’t stick to hands), then start to grab dough to form balls. Place round balls on baking sheet and continue until done.
- Bake for 14 minutes, until bottoms are light brown. Allow to cool on baking sheets for at least 10 minutes.
Best enjoyed fresh out the oven with a small glass of Almond milk (or whatever milk you like!).. and be careful these are highly addictive!!