There are so many amazing house hold and daily uses for White Vinegar and Baking Soda, which are both super cheap to buy and not harmful for the environment. Here are just a few tips and tricks that I use over and over again and love:
- If you notice your shower curtain getting soap buildup or mildew at the bottom of it, instead of throwing it away and buying a new one, wash it! Just throw it in a front loading washing machine with 1/2 a cup of white vinegar and a small amount of laundry detergent. When it’s done it will be like brand new!
- When your water bottle starts to smell a little funky, you can either use just vinegar or vinegar and baking soda together to clean it. For just vinegar-fill bottle 1/3 of the way full with vinegar and the rest with water, allow to sit over night and wash as normal in morning. For vinegar and baking soda-pour a tablespoon of baking soda into water bottle, then add 1/2 cup of vinegar. Solution will bubble up, use a scubbie to clean.
- I add 1/2-1 cup of white vinegar every time I wash my workout clothes to help prevent clothes from smelling.
- This also applies to your whites, sheets and towels. Add 1/2-1 cup of white vinegar to washing machine and this will help brighten whites and prevent any mildew-y smell from towels.
- If you find that your sink is getting clogged, pour 1/2 cup of baking soda into it, then slowly pour 1 cup of vinegar. This will help to unclog any buildup in your sink.
What are some uses that you use vinegar or baking soda for?